Of all the activities that happen in a warehouse, 60% to 70% of costs are attributed to order fulfillment. You can make a significant dent in those costs by making your warehouse management system (WMS) voice-enabled. Utilizing RF wireless belt-mounted devices that incorporate speech recognition and speech synthesis technologies, voice-enabled WMSs have become table stakes for competitive third-party logistics providers (3PLs) and supply chain managers.
Read this paper to learn 5 things you can do to lower your costs with voice-enablement technologies:
- Increase worker efficiency with “hands-free” tools;
- Speed up new employee training;
- Reduce manual entry to enhance accuracy;
- Improve employee performance and safety;
- Control inventory with real-time updates.
And, as always, contact ICCG to help provide you with insight and information. Schedule a complimentary consultation to review your questions.